hello all, new to the forum

J

hello all

I found this site a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed reading the posts - so nice to hear someone else voice all your concerns and doubts!! Anyway, I feel like a bit of a voyeur so thought I'd introduce myself and join in. I am in my third year of a PhD and currently feeling that it is most definitely Persistence in the face of Hopelessness and Despair!

C

Welcome to the forum

What field are you in?

J

Thanks

J

Oops, meant to also add, psychology. I'm in the data analysis and beginnings of write-up stage. very beginnings!

U

I also joined this forum during the writing up phase.

Twas a good way to procrastinate, and is often the time when you're at your lowest eb.

Welcome...

P

Hi and Welcome. I am just beginning...officially in September, unofficially for the last 3 months. This forum is great, we have even been known to have 'tea parties'

S

Hi!

J

Hi Jennifr,

Welcome to the forum!

R

Hi Jennifr,

you are very welcome. Please do not hesitate to bring forward questions or issues which are bothering you.

I at the early stages of doing my research and this is related to quality in medicine.

S

Hi & welcome! I only found it fairly recently too - in dispair of write up, while trying to write up in a remote little village where it's difficult to submit people around me to PhD woes, I found this forum, and it's like a breath of fresh air... makes you realise you're not alone, and we all go through hell! But enough inspiring stories to keep you going, and lots of wise words Good luck with write-up... I know what you're going through!!!! (I'm at the end of my 4th year).

J

Thanks everyone for your welcoming words

T

Hello!

S

Hello!! I am in the first year of my PhD- actually nearing the end of it - YIKES!! It's in history. This forum is a really good place to come and know you're not alone.

J

Hi Jennifr,

I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of a PhD application, but have found this forum invaluable already! The support is great, and it's good to know that there are people out there who know what you're going through

K

Hi there, welcome!

I finished my phd, but am sticking around to offer any help and advice I can. There are afew of us on here who have completed as well as those in the midst of the process.