hello brief intro

S

Hi,

I just joined now. I wanted to share some experiences with you guys and see what you think.

My PhD is a joint project between Monash university and the scientific organisation CSIRO. My project is to develope a numerical model of a coating technique. I have two supervisors from Monash and one from CSIRO. One of the supervisors from Monash is leader of the ARC research center set up the project and has a background in materials engineering. The other one is based in fluid mechanics and was my final year project supervisor. The supervisor from CSIRO is project leader of cold spray research team with access to the spray gun itself. She is also material based. My scholarship comes from the ARC research center and a top up from CSIRO. I think's that's enough for now.

P

Wow. That is a lot of information to give away in your first post! Welcome strcopy.

R

Hi Strcopy,

I am from Holland and look at quality in healthcare

Welcome

D

Hi there!!!!
I'm Dazed and I am looking at satisfaction and the public services..just approaching upgrade so a little stressed out....welcome!!!

E

Hi Strcopy

I'm a criminologist looking at language in legal settings

Welcome to the forum

T

Hello hello

C

Hello too

S

Hi all,

One thing that annoys me sometime is the my main supervisor (the one with fluid background) doesn't get along with the CSIRO supervisor. Basically he's more interested in the fluid dynamic apsect of the problem whereas CSIRO wants to use modelling as a mean of optimising the process. My supervisor is unwilling to comprimise so I haven't done anything for CSIRO though they are paying a part of my scholarship and more importantly the computer I am using. The last meeting (almost year ago) between them was to get the CSIRO advisor to pay for the computer. I feel that she's very annoyed with us and I don't blame her.

We just had a group meeting (all three supervisors, myself, a new student and material scientist) recently and it appears this new material scientist is assuming command of the project because the previous onehas his hands full running the ARC research center.