help!! Anxiety! Insecurity!

P

I'm going to have a phone interview next tuesday!!!
I'm so insecure! About my english and everything!!!
Help!! Any advice for me to calm down?

C

Prepare as well as you can

F

Calm down, breathe. What is the subject? Where are you from, as your worried about your English?

P

I am from Portugal and the PhD is about biosensors and electrochemistry.
UrrGGhh!!

F

Make sure you read a few articles relating to the project (especially ones your proposed supervisor has written) and made sure you had a basic idea of biosensors and electrochemistry. Very important question is: 'Why do you want to do a PhD?' As well as where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years. As for English, they will allow for that in the interview, especially with nerves.

G

There have been quite a few posts re telephone interviews and indeed interviews in general and what to expect. A quick search may well prove fruitful.

T

I had a telephone interview myself for one of the positions I applied to... Just be yourself and be enthusiastic.. I imagine the supervisor will want to know about your motivation for doing a PhD, your background, why you like his project and generally just get a feel for you.. I know its easier said than done but try not to worry about it.

T

It may be advantageous if they can not see you!

paulasbrito - Sorry that you've been getting replies to your post that are about unrelated personal disputes. We've removed the irrelevant ones so that other people visiting the forum can see the advice you've been given, rather than an on line feud.

To those with removed messages - Calm Down - it's only a forum.

P

Well, I hope it was nothing related to me! Why should a simple question like mine generate a personal argument?
What were you guys writing about?

F

It will silly & trivial, if the mods have removed it best forget about it.

G

It was very silly & trivial. Nothing about you paulasbrito.