Help with PhD programmes

L

Hello !! 

I'm Marina, from Greece, and I 've just graduated from the Department of MOlecular Biology and Genetics.
I ve got a pretty good grade [8.08/10] and I am looking for a PhD programme.
I really want to go to America, and for that reason I am now studying for TOEFL exams.
As I am in a town, that GRE preparation isn't feasible, I am wondering whether I could get prepared by myself.
I am going back home (Athens) in a couple of weeks for Christmas , but high-pressure classes for GRE will cost me a fortune !

Any suggestions?
I really want to go to America, and don't want to spend my parents' money on a Master's degree here in Europe.

Thank you guys for your time !

T

Please clarify what you mean?

What's a GRE?

L

Thank you, for your response !

The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in the United States,in other English-speaking countries and for English-taught graduate and business programs world-wide. If you don't get a GRE exam, you can't be accepted in a PhD programme in USA.
It's necessary.

It's a pretty demanding exam, it needs practice and time !

D

Hey Marina,

Absolutely you can study for GRE own your own. There are online prep courses of Kaplan and they send you books for verbal and quantitative sections with some tip books etc. If you study hard with those Im sure you can make it. But be aware that it will be really hard for you to have a really good grade on verbal, you will feel like an alien and like a person who doesn't know anything about English.

My advice is, study really hard on quantitative and study strategically for the verbal part (dont try to memorize words, I did and it really didnt work=)

I hope you will have the best score :)
Good luck
Dilara