help with title for chapter

J

hi guys.. hope everyone is doing well. am ok.. still writing up. thanks for your responses to my questions.

i have one more.. i have now written two chapters of my thesis, but the second chapter is 40,000 plus words long. am considering spliting it into two. however am at a loss as to what i should call it as it only discusses the context of the problem, what the issues are and touches a bit on the methodology, and its the later half of the theoretical framework.

here's my structure:

ch. 1 intro
ch. 2 theoretical framework
(it needs to come here.. am thinking of something like.. context of comparative study?)
ch. 3 case study 1
ch. 4 case study 2
ch.5 conclusion

i know this is a bit of a shot in the dark.. but just in case someone has something similar??:p

S

Yikes Jojo! thats almost a thesis in some disciplines! Can you put the theoretical stuff into the previous chapter to make things more coherent, then do an entirely separate meth chapter? Then that must leave you with some things left over but without knowing whats in it I dont know what to suggest (maybe chapter 4. Misc. - that was a joke, although thinking about it...)
:-)

R

Hi Jojo,

how about just "The context" or "The context of the study"
All your chapters have a short title, seems that "The context" fits quite well.

Are you able to shift things a bit? Perhaps move some of the methodological stuff from "The context" to "The theoretical framework"?

:-)