Here's what made me smile today...

H

Having read (and written myself) a few posts / cries for help today, I thought a morale boosting operation (or at least an attempt, albeit a clumsy one) was in order.

So here's what made me smile (and more...) today: my baby took her first steps this morning!

Also, and this is no mean feat in our busy household on a Friday evening, the fridge is still full(ish). Not for much longer though: I've got my eye on an indecently large piece of (homemade) lemon cheesecake, that should go a fair way to cheer me up.

Finally, my neighbour popped in earlier to ask if I wanted my car washed for free by her wayward teenager (phase 23 of her 'need to learn his lesson' programme...). That made me chuckle, especially given the state of my car.

So all in all, not a bad day.

What made you smile today? (all the better if it isn't PhD related!).

D

I took my three bambinos to a friends house who also have multiples. It is fab to see five children under two years old playing so well with lots of 'whizzpopping' (innocent farting!) going on, a rather hilariously musical day!

Thank you for this post, it takes the edge of the mountain of thesis work coming my way this evening :-)

H

Sounds like fun!!

Good luck with the work, and remember to breathe!

J

My husband took me out for a pub lunch after I spent the morning struggling to write some of my lit review which ended up with me crying and wailing that "I can't do a PhD" which was jolly nice and while we were out he sorted out babysitter and restaurant for our wedding anniversary on Monday.

But the thing that made me most smile was that our 10 year old daughter was selected for a troupe from her dance school to dance at the Royal Albert Hall in May. She is so excited.

C

I just got an email this morning telling me I've got my first referred publication in the IATEFL Conference Selections 2010 book!

That made me whoop, not smile!!

C

I just got allocated a permanent desk in the Humanities Research Centre - no more hot-desking and hoping the space you want will still be available when you arrive. Time to buy a pot plant!