Hiding from supervisor

S

I know I am true PhD student now - for the first time ever I saw my supervisor coming in the opposite direction and hid so he wouldn't see me LOL

B

Nice work. I like your style, I like your moves!

J

been doing that for the last six months. so sick of my phd. , i can't even talk about it anymo with getting really stressed.

K

I've only been here for a month but I already run past my supervisors open door so he doesn't see me leaving early!

B

HangSeng - don't be jammy!

J

i am always hiding and pretending not to notice them

A

Ha ha, so have I for the last 2 years. On the other hand if she's not after me I'm invisible. I have to jump out of the way because she attemts to walk right through me. Or try to dodge the door she's slamming into my face. Ha ha

P

katq - me too! I used to go upstairs and exit the building on the next level up to avoid walking past his office at 3pm.

I hide from people from uni when I see them on weekends at the supermarket, hardware store, DVD store...they seem to pop up everywhere. I don't need any of the them to see me in my crusty weekend clothes and unwashed hair while I'm buying toilet paper and condoms...or renting a sad, girly movie on a Saturday night.

A

Hey Kitten,

soon you'll have to use advanced techniques: hiding in the loo/microscope room, making sure you're not caught out in the loo with your supervisor asking about your results while you're Ehem busy, sitting in seminars so she can see- but not speak to you.

N

the closest bathroom to my office involves walking through a corridoor of the offices of my supervisor, tutor and random guy who knows my dad. I have actually begun walking up 3 flights of stairs to get to another bathroom to just avoid meeting these people and having to actually talk and admit all i've done that day was improve my minesweeper score significantly.

S

This is a key advantage of having a male supervisor that I could never have predicted - there is always a safe haven in the girl's bathroom