*highfive* I have a desk *high five*

C

A new desk! A desk I have! Finally a place in the PhD room!

S

congratulations

C

Thank you!

D

Well done!!! Is this a promotion from sitting cross legged in the corner with a typewriter???

C

It is a promotion from working on the kitchen table, or lying on my bed at home ( and falling alseep, no doubt). I'm a bit worried that it may be eventually taken away from me - what with my only using it for about two days a week what with work, and wanting to do a bit at home. But I guess a moudly coffee cup and a pile of books will stake my claim.

S

You could carve your name into it...if it's not a middle-of-laset-century style wooden affair...which I'm sure it's not.

S

middle-of-LAST-century

S

Okay, that was a disaster...

"You could carve your name into it...if IT IS a middle-of-LAST-century style wooden affair...which I'm sure it's not."

I'm spoiling your exciting thread.

F

Woohoo!

C

Hmmmm, middle of last century?

Well unless MDF was a viable building material between 1850 and 1950 I guess it isn't too valuable. But then the faux beechwood veneer would be somewhat ruined!

L

Nice one!!!
For the entire 3 years of my PhD, I had to sit perched on a window ledge...a fairly large window ledge as they go, but nonetheless, still a window ledge!

C

Hi Just Joined! Its interesting that in this day and age its a bloody challenge to get a desk but i know this! Our department is trying to get more phD sdtudents ( funded or not) as they contribute money to the uni (self funding homies enter here).

So we had 9 in one room with a desk yes, but not much else and no computers other than open access computer areas.

I have been moved into a nice office now with 3 sharing but ussually only me and another guy in there, great! But 1960s UK architecture is much to be desired

So at least I have a nice room with a good desk lol

Craig