Holidays

P

SO I wondered how you guys managed these.
Not managed in the sense of making time to have them, but stopping yourself from doing work when you should be having them. I'm basically finding the only way is to be physically away from internet access/ computer/ library (which I'm clearly not now).
Right now my husband is playing golf with a friend and I'm going to meet them in a few hours, but I'm mulling over a covert 'mission' to the British Library!!!!

C

A covert mission to the British Library sounds like the perfect holiday! :)

S

Get out of the houseand away from the laptop!

Go shopping, meet a friend, have a glass of wine or two with lunch which will pretty much guarantee you wont want to bother with work...

S

Good advice all; but I stupidly got myself an iPhone, which means I check my emails every 2 minutes, and should a student want me to check their work / or should the Dear Leader (my sup) get in touch, then I'm afraid drinkies with friends go out the window!

D

I find the only way I can get away from it all is by phisically leaving the house and away from the computer. I go visit people where I know I can't access emails and the likes. Just tell yourself you need the break, and that you deserve it.

x