Holy Cr*p you can BUY a PhD

H

I love Gillian McKieth! She's possibly the biggest charlatan going and I would love to hear what the psycho-bunnies on here have to say about her faecal obsession...

R

She is so awful I can't stand her... I watched her show once and nearly threw up when the 'poo part' came on... that was it for me! It's not just poo that she's obsessed with either, it's that whole area!!! On "Supersize vs Superskinny" which was on a couple of months ago she was all about 'Banning Big Bums' and went around examining scantily-clad huge-arsed women... bloody hell I've never seen so much cellulite in my life!!!

J

I'd rather have a big arse than her miserable face.

W

Yes, Juno, you raise an interesting point. For someone who has aduki beans, fibre and all the 'good stuff' running through her veins, she look quite miserable and, well, rough. I eat junk food and all kinds of crap, and I'm sure I have an unhappy colon and faecal matter (apologies for the graphic description!), as I'm sure McKeith would attest after a quick rummage round, but at least I don't look as rough as her!

M

lol@ Jumo. Gillian McKeith also irritates me! Apparently she is under 50 - frankly she look like she's knocking on 70.

She only removed her 'Dr' when she was officially challenged. Until that point she claimed she had put in hard work to write her dissertation. Apparently, she did have to write something to get her faux PhD (maybe she sent the 'university' a recipe).

Dr Pamela Stephenson (the one who does that awful Shrink Wrap show on More 4) also has a dubious PhD background - her degree is also awarded from an unaccredited university in California.

M

Sorry, Juno! (not Jumo)

B

In answer to the question "What was I doing to come across that site?". I was looking for thesis + motivation for one of my PhDers who is basically sitting around the canteen all bloody day long when there is a pile of data he should be going through.

I actually think that a rich foreign student with a tame supervisor (and pliable external examiners) could buy a thesis and get through the system because there are no "objective" markers of progress in a PhD. Sure it may not be published but the standards between unis and departments are so varied I can see how it would be entirely possible for this sort of thing to go ahead.

S

My absolute favourite thing about Gillian McPoo is what Dara O'Briain says: "her programme is called you are what you eat; if that's the case then that woman has eaten a shrew. She's a motivational nagger"

J

You're so right, Bad Haircut: I have recently come to that conclusion. I've seen some people walk through a viva with very little data and a thesis that reads like GSCE science (apologies to smart GCSE students); and others have been told to re-submit with major changes despite having published 5 papers (i.e.their data cannot have been that bad).

How's your hair these days, by the way?

H

The mind boggles.....