How do I get

O

a Word flowchart to paste itself into a Power point presentation?

O

Technology is making me about now. When I do a cut and paste option I either get ONLY the text or ONLY my lovely shapes..but not both. I suppose the other option is to redraw the whole thing in power point but that would make me even more

B

Olivia - Three possible solutions
1. Group all the objects of the Word image i.e. click on the Arrow on the Draw tool bar at the bottom of the screen, select all of the image and go to Group on the Draw tool bar
2. Use MS Visio for the drawing of the diagram - way easier to draw organizational charts and the ilk
3. Use "Print Screen" and crop the resultant image (Alt + Print Screen just gets the active window which makes it easier to crop). Then copy & paste

Hope one of these helps.

J

Olivia, I'll answer your question here as it's quite off topic. 10 years ago, I was a shy teenage boy who couldn't look people in the eyes and had no friends. Today, I can speak freely and with confidence to audience of 300+ and proudly say my name. Me and my name, we've come a long way, this is who I am. I struggle to understand how some women can give their maiden names up so easily. If I spoke to an audience and told them a different surname I felt like it is not me who is speaking. Me and my name will never part.

S

Olivia,
The fastest way is download free trial Words convert 2 pdf file that allows u to convert 30 times. Once u had converted in2 pdf file, just cut and paste 2 Power point.

Cheers,

W

Or upload it to adobe acrobat online, and you can concert it for free in to .pdf as many times as you want. Alternatively, if you're using Office 2007, you can download a small add-on, free of charge again, from Office Online, that will let you automatically turn any word file into .pdf at the click of a button.

H

PowerPoint is much better for drawing flowcharts than Word!

If you don't want to re-draw, do the grouping thing, copy the whole lot, then do a paste special in powerpoint and paste as a picture, should work perfectly but the quality wont be the same.

S

i would also try the "paste special". maybe there is even a better version than the "paste as picture" though. just try them all out and see which one works best!

paste special is quite a useful tool in many situations, and far to little known. probably because "ctrl-V" is one of the few very well known keyboard shortcuts - ergo people never look at the menu - ergo you never realise that "pasting" goes far beyond just simple paste!