how do I word this?

J

I have a largish bit (10 pages) of my methodology which discusses qual and quant in an abstract kind of way with all the usual refs etc. which I want to move to an appendix so that the chapter is all about the way I have used these in my research. - as suggested by my supervisor, but can't think of how to word this. I want to say something like ' well you all know the arguments for the use of qual and quant, so I'm not going to bore you by going into something you already know, but here is how they fit into my research and if you want to know what my considerations are, they are detailed in the appendix.' Anyone any ideas? I've typed out about a dozen versions, but none seem quite right. Until I get this right I can't seem to move on.:-(

B

Could you have your first sentence read something like 'The methodological choices in this thesis are informed by the debate on the merits of quant v qual. The research focuses on bla bla bla.' Then add a footnote that reads ' For an overview and discussion of this debate see appendix 1'.

J

that sounds really good:-). Thanks for that