How do you all do it? Kudos and confusion.

G

Glad to see there's other people suffering from the lameness. About a month or so ago I was feeling extremely stressed out, knew I wasn't going to make my next chapter deadline and couldn't even really muster the energy to care. I've since reassessed the overall length and breadth of my project and decided to kill some chapters I do not think are really necessary. Tomorrow I'm presenting the new plan to my supervisors and hope they take to it. (Fingers crossed). After the worst of the stress I'm feeling a fair bit better but still having trouble getting back into it. I always think it's so hard to go from relaxation or forced relaxation back to the general swing of things. I think that doing a phd not only takes hard work (and that damned discipline I hear so much about) but creativity and you have to recharge the batteries every so often. That's harder and also really important when it's freezing and gloomy outside. Let's all stop kicking ourselves and try to find something enjoyable about not being able to work the way we think we should. Surely they're all lying when they tell us never to stop working??

L

Yeah theyre all mad! Anyway as long as it gets us through...isnt that what matters, I just wonder why we take the hard way?