How do you give stars?

J

Sorry guys.. i've been away from the forum for some months. since i've come back and i've been hearing all about stars. I thought the stars thing was a joke.. but it seems i have some stars to give. How do i give stars?

M

On threads you have started yourself you can click on the 'Helpful User' box (next to 'Send PM' box) if you find somebody's post particularly useful. :-)

S

Yes, people have become obsessed with them lately. Jojo, there's also a post by one of the mods recently on stars. Hope your case studies write ups are going well.

just click the helpful user button next to my name! :p

J

thanks. i'll do that during my next break.

the second case study is so hard. am trying to work smart instead of working hard.

currently am wading through previous drafts trying to come up with a final draft instead of reading again. a lot of cut and pasting and streamlining..

W

Quote From Sue2604:

Yes, people have become obsessed with them lately. Jojo, there's also a post by one of the mods recently on stars. Hope your case studies write ups are going well.

I'm not obsessed with stars (that is just soooo last week and out of fashion). I think we 'interested (and yes batty)' members of the forum, so not anyone who is super-professional and principled, need a new obsession now, since the stars thing has limited mileage. You're right Sue2604, it is lonely at the top. But what in the pixelated world or procrastinating e-entertainment can it be? I think this is going to need a new thread in off-topics...sorry for hijacking this one. If I'm going to miss deadlines, I need a damn good excuse...

S

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/threadViewer.aspx?TID=13069

Please see this thread which i spent time typing earlier for just this reason!!!