How long to get minor corrections approved

D

After viva and doing minor corrections, how long was it before you received word everything is OK from the examiner?

D

My viva was beginning of July 2011 and my corrections were submitted 25th July 2011. I then had an agonising wait for the internal to review my corrections and sign them off. I heard officially that all was rubber stamped on the 12th or 15th September 2012. My final 'formally' bound thesis was submitted on graduation day mid October 2011. I was only then that I felt completely free of my PhD and may the celebrations begin, woohoo! It is a long road to get that final tick in a box but it all comes to those who patiently wait.

D

======= Date Modified 16 Jan 2012 18:59:20 =======
Many thanks Dunni73. I just want to see the back of it because I don't feel I can move on until I get the green light. Would you mind if I PM you with a question?

D

Pm away Delta! I am happy to help if I can (up)

C

AAagh this is something I didn't even think much about.

I'm in a bit of a predicament. Got a post doc job, all fine til HR found out I don't actually have a PhD yet and bumped my down to RA salary. They say I NEED to have PhD within 3 months of the post starting. This will be 4th April and unless I get the minorest of minor corrections I can't see that happening, especially if internals sit on the corrections for weeks.

C

Sorry that doesn't actually answer of help your thread Delta. But I have no idea.

D

Quote From catalinbond:

AAagh this is something I didn't even think much about.

I'm in a bit of a predicament. Got a post doc job, all fine til HR found out I don't actually have a PhD yet and bumped my down to RA salary. They say I NEED to have PhD within 3 months of the post starting. This will be 4th April and unless I get the minorest of minor corrections I can't see that happening, especially if internals sit on the corrections for weeks.

Surely the mistake is on their part as they didn't read your application properly or the panel didn't clarify at interview. In the worst case scenario, after your viva (all the best with that) explain to the internal what has happened and hopefully they should do all they can to speed the corrections process up. I'd like to believe if you do a good job they'll overlook a bit of red tape which would be responsible for delaying things. Try not to worry.

D

Sending PM Dunni73.

D

Have pm'd reply.

M

My corrections were approved about a week after I submitted them - I suppose it depends how busy your internal is!