How many Chapters/Pages....?

L

I will have about 130 pages for my thesis when it is all written up and will have 6 chapters. I'm wondering if 6 chapters is too small, the number of pages doesnt bother me. I'm able to split one of my chapters into two but I'm not sure if this is worth my while. What I'm really trying to ask is how many chapters should a thesis have. Any thoughts? thanks :-)

:$

B

It might depend on your discipline (mine's Geosciences), but I think 6 chapters is fine. I can't remember exactly, but I basically had 5 chapters. Intro, Lit review, methods, results, and conclusion. The bulk of it was methods and lit review.

T

I'm at the 130 page mark too. The thesis is nearly finished, just got a few more pages to write for the intro (about 10 I reckon), it's eight chapters, that's five for results (one chapter is incredibly short), one for the intro, summary chapter and materials and methods. My subject area is cell biology.

A few people have said that I've got too many chapters, but I say " if it feels good, do it!"