How many objective is needed if you're doing a phd??

T

I just wanted to know how many objectives do you need to start your phd proposal? Any specific number? I had like 4 and someone told me it's waaay too little... so can someone tell me how many is considered as acceptable? Appreciate it..

How many research questions you set will depend on the nature of the research you are doing. If your objectives can be summed up by just one or two questions then this is probably the best approach. Have a look at the article on writing a PhD research proposal on FindAPhD for more guidance.

K

Hey! There's no set number- it depends on what type of research you are doing and how broad your research questions are. In my thesis introduction I outlined 5 broad research questions, but within those questions there were another 3-4 specific questions that were outlined in the individual chapters. I don't know what subject you're in, but in the sciences it's common to aim for about 3-4 results chapters, so you need to think about what results you will have and how you will report them! Best, KB