How many typos can you get away with?!!

C

Thanks Delta too. Cross post.

I'm hoping to not lie awake worrying tonight. Might even have a beer tonight (for medicinal purposes :p). Started new job and the early mornings are getting to me - main symptom seriously puffy left eye lid! Made me look like I'd been hit in the face! . I'm off today and the extra sleep has made me feel much better.

D

Glad to read about the good sleep you had. Best to expect the unexpected as my supervisors told me my external would go to great lengths to put me at my ease and I can tell you she did not. She was very professional but direct, straight to the point and took no time for pleasantries whatsoever. Given it's a Friday afternoon, like you, I'd like to think the examiners will keep it short but expect the unexpected.

(up)

A

======= Date Modified 19 Jan 2012 15:37:30 =======
Best of luck tomorrow Catalinbond, you can/will do it(up)

I can totally relate to cringeing re-reading parts of the thesis. There are parts of mine I really did not want to re-visit. However, typos etc were not mentioned at all in my viva so fingers crossed not in yours either.

Edit: due typos:$

J

So nice to hear people weren't picked up too much on little things like typos. Currently trying to make sure all my thesis is in the right tense and silly things like that and I am bound to miss something!

Good luck in your viva tomorrow! :)

D

Typos weren't mentioned in my viva and I still haven't noticed any. Just wish they'd confirm the corrections are exceptable:-s

P

Quote From delta:

exceptable:-s

Was that done prupose?

D

My dry wit is alive and kicking!!!

D

I think I found about 50 typos in a 300 page thesis, I was mortified. Not one of them was mentioned at my viva!

Catalinbond - good luck for tomorrow, hope you get a good nights sleep tonight (up)

M

My external picked up on every typo in my thesis! He was fine about it though, as long as they were corrected for the final version

J

======= Date Modified 01 Feb 2012 09:25:58 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
--inappropriate content--