How much of the SPSS Output goes into the thesis appendices?

H

Hi,

I am conducting a logistic regression for one of my studies,and I'm wondering how much of the output goes into the appendices of the thesis? I've kept the results in the results section quite simple (Variable, Odds ratio, 95% CI, P value). What do I include or not include in the Appendices?

Thanks!

P

I'm using SPSS for log regression, and I'm not putting anything in my appendices. All the tables (classification, r2, variables) are going into my results chapter. The appendices are for things that aren't ...

P

... part of the thesis and you don't want reading as such. So any tables which you don't want marking as part of the thesis put in there. Hope that helps.

H

Quote From pd1598:
I'm using SPSS for log regression, and I'm not putting anything in my appendices. All the tables (classification, r2, variables) are going into my results chapter. The appendices are for things that aren't ...

Thanks!

Isn't that way too much in the text? I'm using the format suggested in the book: Presenting Medical Statistics from Proposal to Publication: A Step-by-step Guide by Janet Peacock

She recommends presenting a table with columns Variables, Odd ratio, 95% CI and P value for the variables that are found to be significant, and not the whole SPSS output. I have an image of the relevant text, but I'm not sure I can attach it here? If you want it, PM me.

P

Which outputs is it that you are thinking about moving to the appendices? We might have a different understanding of outputs? I have that table, but also the classification table. The r2 isn't a table to be fair...

P

but is incorporated to the text. So for each analysis I have the classification table and the variables in the analysis table, that's all the data on SPSS really? Also, shouldn't you also report non-significant IVs?

H

Quote From pd1598:
but is incorporated to the text. So for each analysis I have the classification table and the variables in the analysis table, that's all the data on SPSS really? Also, shouldn't you also report non-significant IVs?

you are right, I will mention the IVs that showed an association with chi square test but not significant in the logistic regression. I've read two stats books now, both have mentioned that only the "variables in equation" (the final table) goes in Appendices of the thesis. Maybe it varies according to discipline?