How's the summer going?

N

Hi, I haven't been hanging around the forum for a while and just wanted to say hello! I've read that some people managed to get scholarships from the research councils: good for them! Congratulations! Any interesting holiday story? I took 3 days off in July and went to France and am now in Madrid... buried in archives :(

Hope everything's going fine for everybody!

P

helloo Nimrod

Summer has been good. Better than last year -when I just procrastinated, built my iTunes library, was broke, a bit lonely & then felt guilty for the lack of output. I made sure I planned my summer a bit better this time around to avoid wasting the time and then feeling sh** about it.
I took 3 weeks straight, off to have a proper holiday, & then went abroad to two conferences and one in the UK over a period of 2 and a half weeks and am now back to the books & writing up. But am only working about 3-4 days a week and use the rest of the time to do long weekends or ladies who lunch type stuff - gym, yoga, lunches, seeing family & I am finding that actually I am being much more productive than usual.

Shame about the UK weather though.

S

heya nimrod, you've been away for so long that half the people here don't know you anymore...

anyway, my summer has been going much like pea's last year summer, by the sound of it.

but now i've just had a huge confidence boost so back to work!

A

Summer? What Summer? No sun, and even if there was I'd be inside

Really though, its ok and I'm going to Portugal in September so that should be fun

S

Unlike pea, I've procrastinated just as much as last summer! My brain switched off around June and won't kick in again until October.

H

Hi Nimrod, nice to see you on here!

Been working hard?

K

I've been in uni everyday as normal yet still no real progress it's less than 2 months until the 1 year mark and I have nothing....seriously nothing to show for it, agggghhhhhh!