how to get distracted from the distractions?

S

Its another weekend with sunshine and all the joys that comes with that. So, I am supposed to write the lit review but faced with this typical problem of "Distractions". I have tried the write anything and then you will end up with at least one worthwile sentence, but I am getting more and more away from the work..the thought of not meeting the deadline just makes me run a little bit more from work..any ideas/tricks/strategies from our fellow members to get back to work?

A

How about a reward scheme? Write for 1 h and then give yourself 15min on e-bay/checking mail/looking at funny websites? Use an annoying timer to bring you back to reality with a shrill ring/buzz. Set a time plan up for yourself & do the really pain in the posterior things in the first two hours of your time plan. Eat more chocolate. After your day of writing has finished bugger off with a good conscience and watch x-men at the cinema. If you didn't stick to the plan/turned off that timer/threw it into the kettle- feel really bad/depressed/ angry with yourself and then swear you'll be a good girl tomorrow.

Or -set an artificial deadline by asking someone to proof read for you- preferably someone you don't like to much so you don't think he/she will be OK with you if you keep on postponing.

E

those are really good ideas....