How to get over being dumped

D

I'm gutted. I cant believe he dumped me! Any tips on how to get over that horrible, sick, depressed feeling welcome ...

A

I've no miracle cures for you Wickid, but you have my every sympathy - we've all been there at some point. It's a cliche but time does heal(and when you're ready, a hunky new Orlando Bloom-lookalike boyfriend will help too). Big hugs x

M

make sure u get rid of everything that reminds you of your relationship. just close that chapter.

by get rid of i mean put it in a box and hide it somewhere.
u need to clear your environment but with time you will be fine with all those things and then you may regret throwing something away.

it really helps.

i also tend to start up new things. new hobby, sport, it is a good way of meeting new people, who don't know the situation and if you don't tell them you can hope to spend your time not going back to what happened.

and time is a healer, it will be ok eventually

fingers crossed

B

Just to reiterate Wickid what everyone else has said about time being the best healer and removing things that remind you of him I found that a diary helped me. Wrote all my feelings down after a relationship broke down and occasionally looked back at how I was feeling at that time. If you monitor your emotional progress, I think it will help get you through this quicker. Plus one last thing, stay away from 'love' albums and rom com films etc, they dont do you any good.

All the best

W

He is not the one for you. You are destined for better things.

G

Spot on W2DN. Best to find out sooner rather than later. I wish either one of my ex-wives had dumped me prior to marrying them. It would have save me a fortune re divorces.

J

*hug*.

Have you tried sweedish glace vegan choc ice cream, that might help a little bit?

sorry I'm crap at giving advice.

H

Awww DJ, lots of Green & Blacks on me.

Get together with some of your girlie mates and have a great night out and if you come across any hot looking chaps, have even more of a great night out!

Forget the little GIT, not worth wasting your thoughts on, he doesn't deserve you.

S

Life goes on........ move on, get drunk, sleep with your supervisors and enjoy your PhD

D

Thanks everyone! You've really cheered me up, now I just have a big smile on my face. Going home to take all the pictures of him off my wall. Deleting his number from my phone and going to eat vegan chocolate stuff. Yey!! I am young(ish) free, and single!!

Thanks once again xx

J

glad your feeling better :)

D

Mia, I think you could be right!!

D

So true!!