How to identify the successful outcome from the PhD topic ?

K

Dear readers,

I embarked on a PhD work and seemed easy topic...however, the results were not promising. Hence I could not defend my thesis within the time frame mentioned.

I would like to know if you guys can light up any new ideas to identify the successful outcome from the PhD topic ?

Reg,
K.

R

I don't really understand what you're saying.... have you just failed your PhD? Or is your research still ongoing and unsuccessful for some reason? It would be more fruitful for potential responses if you could clarify what your problem is.

E

Well, if I understand correctly, you started a project which seemed easy but at the end it was not and now you are trying to find a way to proceed with your reserach quickly????? Is that it?
Well, it depends on your subject, your experiments and many other factrs. I don't think that there is a recipe that someone can give you and magically have a finished thesis....

R

Emmaki, I found it unclear because of this phrase: 'Hence I could not defend my thesis within the time frame mentioned', a defence being the equivalent of a viva which happens at the end of a PhD. Though the OP has posted this in a prospective students section on here and has asked elsewhere about embarking on a PhD, so a bit of clarification wasn't a completely bizarre or stupid request on my part. :-)

E

I don't know! Maybe you are right!
:p

S/he should give a better explanation.....

K

Dear friends,

Thanks for ur responses and plz excuse me for my english. I got PhD offer and I worked on a topic for 3 yrs contract time...however, the results I have got wasn't sufficient (quantitatively) to defend my PhD thesis. So my contract, funds and work is now stopped. In order to continue / or to defend I need another 3 yrs time, which I think I can not offered at the same place even if I get funding. Coz I see no personal development.
So I am in search of another 'structued' PhD position at a better place with better group who have experience in the field, which could help me professionally. Having said that, I am open to take relevant PhD work with-in my areas of research interest. However, I wasn't sure about the hidden work underlying PhD topic. Mean to say that, deviations from actual PhD topic to other fields of work(which might not support ur PhD topic but ur Prof might insist to do)...
So I just wanted to ask you guys whether u have any ideas / comments / views about getting into the right PhD work.
Hope the above message is clear...any comments most welcome.

J

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this web site and I would like to know, should I develop a presentation for my PhD interview? I am thinking about using a Projector with my lab top and a portable screen as an alternative to show the committee my research objective. Is this a good idea or not? Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Jack,

K

Dear Jack,

Definitely its a good idea. However, you confirm with your interviewer about your idea beforehand. Good luck.

WL,
PL.