How to smuggle a poster on a plane

C

Any ideas *preferably amusing* about how I could smuggle a conference poster on a plane apart from buried in my underwear?!
Of course I want it pristine in its tube ;-)

S

Put it in a large cardboard tube, with 'ROCKET LAUNCHER' writen on it in arabic

C

The poster in its cardboard tube in my suitcase....

H

Draw a smiley face on it and pretend its your friend John then insist you get another seat for him, making a big fuss and acting clausterphobic when they decline.

C

3rd year and managed a conference abroad (in Germany) finally
on NMR
my supervisor is going

C

lol Stu and H

S

Unless you want to end up in security with a rocket launcher detector up your backside, I'd check it

S

You could always fold it up! My mum always finds it really funny that academics do posters - something we used to do at primary school!

P

Oooh, cc, would that be NMR as in nuclear magnetic resonance? Because I just saw a job advertised that sounded great but applicant had to have experience in NMR sample prep...and I don't

H

NMR sample prep?????

Taking 5-10mg of you sample and dissolving it in about 1ml of you deuterated solvent.........

H

why did I write 'you' instead of 'your' twice?

I didn't! It's a conspiracy!

S

H, I think the job is more specifying experience with the actual NMR technique. Undergraduates are rarely let loose on these machines (bloody damn right too) so its difficult to get that technical experience.

Sample prep is easy enough though

H

I know, I've used NMR machines lots of times in industry where we also had a specific NMR technician type person (with a phd) who helped when we wanted to do NOSEY expts etc or put on a C13 NMR or use different solvents when the compound wouldn't dissolve.

I was just telling Piglet what a NMR sample prep was.

S

Sorry, I obviously read the original post wrong. I thought you were planning to kidnap a member of the PGForum.

S

THAT IS A QUALITY IDEA