How to smuggle a poster on a plane

H

I vote we should kidnap Sylvester as he would be the most easy going and try and sell him to a company in india to make rugs.

S

obviously, you'd have to be careful with taking the mint sauce on to the plane given its thermo-nuclear capabilities.

S

Oh, I was referring to the Forum team, but ok, we can kidnap a forum member too. I vote on....Hortensia, from all those posts on the other threads I bet they would be well funny

C

Errr I think mint sauce would count as a liquid.....
To answer the NMR questions
NMR prep to me is expressing/purifying/concentrating protein and took most of my PhD
If the job is in NMR it can't be good
it feels cool controlling £0.5million of magnet though....

P

Yes, cc, I think it is the protein expression/purification/concentration for NMR that is the hard part and that the ad is referring to.
But, thank you, H, for your helpful and succinct method for NMR sample preparation...very useful if I get the job.

H

Your welcome.

I don't think you would need to do purification though, thats the job of the chemist.

You need to be able to understand cosey and nosey NMR spectra which I always forget how to do......

C

Where is this advert to settle this?!
I'm not a chemist, protein prep is molecular biology and we teach the chemists what to do.
However...thinking again, NMR sample prep could equally mean finding the buffer conditions etc. of a protein sample supplied to the lab like H said.
I don't know much about the actual spectra either H, it's a subject in itself.....
Mental note to self: don't mention NMR, it is crap and DULL!
It's also too early in the morning-and why am I arguing this I don't actually care???!!!

P

Deep breaths, cc, calming down. No more NMR talk from now on, cc can't cope with it...I just have to say you are a brave person undertaking a PhD involving NMR, every time I hear someone mention it, I try to concentrate to learn something, but my eyes glaze over and I start to think about what I am going to cook for dinner instead.

C

I wanted to do immunology but got offered this one lured by cool disease states that I never got to do
My eyes always glaze over

H

My watch always starting going backwards when I went close the NMR machine. I felt like a time traveller

C

Of course when the magnet is running-you are working lol
overnight,all weekend....working