i actually cant sleep

E

i cant sleep... i am doing the whole worrying abotu the phd thing...worrying about my annoying supervisor... worrying that hte nice one will now start to hate me... worrying that my work will be bad...worrying worrying that i shud have taken the 26k job.
HOW DO I GET BACK TO SLEEP....is this normal..?!

E

ive decided that sleep is for the weak...

S

get blind drunk, preferably at uni then you can drunkenly batter that annoying supervisor. Then go home and you will pass out into a blissful sleep.

E

hmmmmmm its worth trying i guess... i thought that a couple of glasses of bailys may help - but i just stayed up alot longer!

S

have a bottle of Jack Daniels, you will get slaughtered. And the bottle is the right shape for wrapping around someones head

J

*punches*

S

who needs sleep.. thats why pro plus was invented..

S

urg horlicks.. hot chocolate every time!

H

go for a run before bedtime?

V

write a letter to your annoying supervisor (but dont send it), take nice long bath, listen to good music, have drink and think about nice things, maybe it will help

A

I was just wondering- has anyone ever dreamt of their supervisor?? I dreamt I was bitching about her and then she was suddenly behind me and gave me a hugg and told me that she didn't really mean it that way (ie. doesn't mean to be an evil supervisor). Someone else dreamt he was scuba diving with dolphins, when my supervisor came in a rowing boat and asked him for the location of a protein prep in the -80C freezer .....

errr- elephants, are you sure you really want to sleep???

S

I had a really strange dream at the peak of my undergrad project about a member of staff (not my supervisor). The setting was some kind of space age shopping centre - I had broken an antique ornamental plate that belonged to this member of staff. It was somehow really important for their research and I was having a huge dilemma about how to tell him.

W

I have not slept throughout last night and I am still writing. I was supposed to give in my first draft of the thesis yesterday evening. I still have a long way to go. I hate writing!

D

I dont sleep anymore. on the rare occasions when I become unconscious (unfortunately not due to effects of alcohol anymore, but due to sheer exhuastion) I dream about the next sentence I'm going to write on my thesis. or the scary research fellow interview I have next week ...

W

I dream of sleep