I am happy

P

I am happy today because my supervisor emailed me to say he is working on a funding proposal for me, in his name to give me the money to do my research. He is in the same field and is very excited about this. After a week of feeling a bit negative, I feel happy and wanted to share it, that's all...hence three posts by myself :)

O

Congratulations! That's excellent news.

these moments make it all worth the efforts

S

that's great, pink. sounds like you're going to have a good relationship with your sup. sometimes i think it's the little moments like these that make doing a PhD worthwile.

G

Congrats!! Go and have a beer or two on me

P

Thanks, yes, I think I am very fortunate considering some of the supervisor stories I have read. This was a small thing but I was really getting cold feet and this made all the difference

C

I'm happy today because my monthly supervision went well and my sup's like the subject and material I have chosen for my first two chapters. I'm thrilled. The British library really came up trumps.

Plus I will be getting a couple of hundred words in space in a academic quarterly newsletter to harp on about my research to people in my field.

Yay!

C

Kudos on funding too!

P

Oh well done chris
I received my official offer letter today from the University, no conditions, straight into a 3 year PhD. So, I am happy again
Now, it is more official, I feel more positive and focussed.

F

Yay some good Friday news for both Pink Neuron and Chrisrolinski.