I am looking for a PhD in USA

N

Hello,

I am a postgraduate student and completed my MSc Pharmacology from UK. I am very much interested in doing PhD from US university.
I have completed B Pharm from India and appeared IELTS to get into UK university for my masters.
For getting admission in US university for a PhD, I am not sure whether I need to take GRE and TOFEL. I have this question because my masters level education is now completed from UK university, so still there be a need to take a test to show english ability?

Thank you.

Navin.

S

Most U.S universities require Toefl. Some also except IELTS. Gre is generally a requirement for PhD programs. It is best to look into the requirements of the universities you are interested in.

N

Thank you Smrh...unfortunately its not listed anywhere what is my case....ofcourse most of the universities mention GRE and TOEFL requirements for international students who are not from English speaking countries........that is why I am in dilemma whethwr to appear for these test now.......

S

well GRE you will have to take, my advice go ahead and also take Toefl just to be on safer side