I didn't get any scholarships :(

B

I am currently looking for scholarships and I didn't receive anything from anyone. I actually achieved good results ( 8As and 1B) but it seems like no one is willing to support me. I feel super depressed and i don't know how to do or who to turn to. My parents want me to get full scholarship but looking at my email.... it seems like I won't even be getting any :( I am so sad, I don't know how to deal with this feeling.

T

What kind of scholarship are you talking about, and what level of education?

P

I am in the same boat. I am trying to focus on solutions as a way to keep my mind off the depressing reality of the situation. People in my life keep wanting to talk about it, and for me, that is the worst thing. I just want to grieve and move on.

S

Hello everyone,

We run a PhD Scholarship competition which will open at the beginning of June, and you can win up to £5,000! To enter you need to be signed up to our newsletter https://www.findaphd.com/funding/postgraduate-phd-scholarships/scholarships.aspx You can also find out more information about finding funding on our website here https://www.findaphd.com/funding/ I hope that helps! :)

Sophie at FindAPhD

Quote From blanka4paper:
I am currently looking for scholarships and I didn't receive anything from anyone. I actually achieved good results ( 8As and 1B) but it seems like no one is willing to support me. I feel super depressed and i don't know how to do or who to turn to. My parents want me to get full scholarship but looking at my email.... it seems like I won't even be getting any :( I am so sad, I don't know how to deal with this feeling.

To be honest this is quite common. The ones who have talent are never sponsored. But I don't think you should get dejected. There is always a possibility of you getting sponsorship any moment.
Just hang on!

Quote From blanka4paper:

Hi blanka4paper! So sorry to hear that, I can't even imagine how you feel. :( Have you though of doing something like a paid internship https://www.crimsoneducation.org/blog/paid-internships?? It might, just might help you out a bit. Hang in there and don't give up! There's always a way, trust in your qualities and strengths! Good luck!

T

Quote From ethanscott:
The ones who have talent are never sponsored.

That's quite a statement!

C

Quote From Tudor_Queen:
Quote From ethanscott:

That's what I thought! I *think* I should be insulted :-)

B

Quote From chantedsnicker:
Quote From Tudor_Queen:
Quote From ethanscott:

That's what I thought! I *think* I should be insulted :-)

It sounds like the Dunning-Kruger effect talking!

P

To be honest this is quite common. The ones who have talent are never sponsored.

You are joking right? It's a very good joke.