I don't know what I know anymore - anybody else on the same boat?

T

Don't be discouraged by a knock-back or two... I have applied to about 30 this year and only got invited to two interviews! I have been successful in one of these interviews (haven't done the other yet) and should be starting in October this year! I also only have an undergrad degree and have only been working in completely irrelevant jobs since in order to scrape together some cash so there's still hope!! :)
also maybe you could consider doing a masters by research rather than a taught programme?? This would give you more control over what you study and perhaps more freedom to push your research in the direction you want it to go (thus avoiding the overlap of material covered in your undergrad course).
Good Luck for the future my friend!! xxxxx

D

Thank you all. You are being extremely supportive! I actually received an email from Cambridge today saying they haven't finished shortlisting! So there's still hope :-) . I am working on what I'd say in an interview cause I usually suck at them which will help me with other applications and I'm also looking around for other programs.

I'm still conteplating moving to London which is the biggest city nearby cause is be able.to do a masters there.

I'll keep you posted x

D

Hi all,

i finally got a reply from Cambridge today saying I didn't get the PhD I applied for :((. I'm still where I was and still debating if it's worth to keep applying. Hope others are luckier than me.