I guess now I have

the 'feel a little bit sick' feeling, its not going to go until the actual viva?

A

sorry to say but based on my experience it gets worse. If Dalmatian can't stop eating, I am finding it hard to start:-(

hmm, I usually stress eat, which is rubbish. Would be great if I could lose a stone with viva-worry, I mean if I'm going to worry anyway, then why not lose weight too?

D

======= Date Modified 11 Jan 2012 14:06:49 =======
Maybe I was lucky but I was calm on submitting and calm up until the day before viva but on the eve I was a complete wreck. That said, the viva couldn't come soon enough for me. I feel very sorry for Skig with all the waiting on dates etc. I wasn't elated when I passed but very relieved and any joy still hasn't kicked in. I just never want to work with my supervisor again as they were my major source of stress throughout.

B

I was calm for the 6 weeks between submission and the viva too. I think my 'que sera sera' attitude helped a lot. I viewed the big task as having submitted the thesis, and I knew that the examiners' decision would be largely based on that. So I'd done the hard work already. The viva can swing things, especially in marginal cases, but it's not all down to that final day.

So I relaxed. I prepared - as I've explained here a lot - in my minimal (very minimal!) way. And I wasn't at all nervous, until about 1 hour before the viva started, when I was sitting having a hot chocolate, and looking at other people around me, and feeling extremely unreal ...