I need a third reference!

C

Ok.. as some of you may remember I got rejected for a PhD position a few weeks ago. Well, since then I got offered another one. Anyway, just now the School postgrad student co-ordinator has just e-mailed me to ask for a THIRD academc reference. I already have two on my form - my programme manager and 3rd year project supervisor. I just can't think of anyone else to put on it :-(
I might e-mail my programme manager, see if he has any bright ideas...
I'm panicking...

C

Academic. I e-mailed my personal tutor.. may seem like an obvious choice, but I have this feeling that he doesn't like me... lets say we don't quite see eye to eye. Plus I haven't seen him since 2nd year. Anyway, if he says no, its REALLY time to panic...

E

hmmm how about lecturer or tutor or something.

C

Thanks for all your replies.. I've mailed my tutor and he seems happy to write me a reference so I've just passed on his details. The only lecturers I got on well with are the two that are already referees - for all the other lecturers I'm merely one student of about 200, if you get me.. certainly none I've spoken to personally. Anyway.. I hope this works out...
As I said I've been accepted by the supervisor, wonder what is going to happen now...

S

Dan - they may get wise when they receive a reference from Prof. B. from Belford

C

Thanks very much for the offer, Dr Dan B. However I am pleased to be able to tell you that I was offered this position several months ago and therefore no longer need a reference

S

yep, Dr Dan's been digging up old threads again, but we love him for it really

C

Thanks! What would you say about me?

C

Aww that's very nice of you