I spoke too soon!

P

she's obviously completly lost the plot! she seems to have missed the point of emailing altogether! on the up side, at least she apologised for upsetting you with her insanity. i think maybe they don't let you become a supervisor if you're not in some way weird!

S

I think we need to face the truth purplecat that they don't let you pass your viva unless you have a few screws missing ;-) We're hopefully joining an elite group of slightly deranged and unstable peers lol lol lol lol, I'm already half way there!

P

======= Date Modified 11 Aug 2010 19:44:15 =======
She's lost it, not a shred of doubt. just remembered a similar sotry but rushing out for drinks, so more later!!

B

Oh dear. I was about to suggest that perhaps (surely you MUST have!) misunderstood her, and that maybe she meant to light-heartedly poke fun at you for writing such emails at that time of night (y'know, the kind of thing that would usually having a ;-) at the end). But I see from your follow-up conversation that she was actually serious... and actually deranged.

S

Wait a second - your sups respond to e-mails?

K

Well, only one of them does Slizor! Seriously guys, thanks for making me laugh! Even though I know she is the one being crazy here I still have a tendency to take these things to heart and worry about upsetting people, so it's reassuring to read your comments. I did almost send a hoax email to her at midnight tonight but thought better of it after some deliberation! Honestly, and I'm the one with the psychiatric diagnosis?!!!! Best, KB

T

Oh Kb, I'd have been so tempted to send her one!
Perhaps you could even type up some pseudo-SPAM and send it at crazy times of morning under an alias. You could offer to sell her top class pharma for the stressed academic, sleeping pills that no email beep can penetrate, or even a relaxing holiday on a wifi-free island.

Ahem, actually I can see that sounds a tad nutty, hehe! She is frustrating me by proxy and my devilish streak is sneaking out :P
Well, that and the fact that I took a nytol an hour ago (have been sleeping rubbishly) and then ten minutes later decided tonight was the ideal time to finish this chapter. I'm a clever one aren't I?

A

Quote From stressed:

I think we need to face the truth purplecat that they don't let you pass your viva unless you have a few screws missing ;-) We're hopefully joining an elite group of slightly deranged and unstable peers lol lol lol lol, I'm already half way there!

lol, I know this feeling alright!! Aww Keenbean you're supervisor really is a bit daft and crazy, there's not valid reason she can't just leave your email until the next day, unless she's got some secret OCD about not leaving any unopened mail in the inbox at night! Maybe in future, you should send her a pre-email email, asking if it's ok to send an email about (insert topic) tonight or should it wait until the morning?! ;-) That way you can suss out what is and isn't acceptable, as I'm sure even that changes with the tides!

B

Hi KB, I also think there is nothing wrong in what you did. As the people above said, she is just being difficult cuz she can. And next time she misses an important email, then she will realise what a stupid argument she made with you!. Seriously.. supervisors.. aargh!..

B

======= Date Modified 12 Aug 2010 18:06:15 =======

Quote From keenbean:

She doesn't even have a blackberry lol! KB

That makes her ten times more unreasonable!

I also read her 'debate' with you about whether you should have saved a draft of the email, left yourself a post-it note and all that.... she is now bordering on the ridiculous!