I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway...

R

The only problem with staying with the same project at your current university is that there may be political ramifications between the departing supervisor and the dept. The departing supervisor may fight to 'keep' his work when he moves to the other university.

R

PS. When I said "Say you'll stay..." above, I meant "Say you'll stay at your current dept".

H

Hi Katq, I sacked my sups 6 months ago for poor academic support and bullying - yes, I felt like a crushed can after each pointless supervision. I made the mistake of thinking that I can make the lousy relationship work (not). My point is, it does not get better, just worse! Remember that your sups are only powerful because you gave them the power over you. The university has a responsibility towards you and if you want a change of supervisors, they will see to you that you get it. Go for it, girl. Good luck. Oh, btw, my postgrad research tutor was a total waste of space. Infact, he is a snake in the grass and was colluding with the supervisors to make sure that the complaint does not go beyond the department. So, beware!