I think I'm a bit sad :(

C

I'm the complete opposite, I've done no work in a week and worse stillive barely thought about my Phd! No idea how I'm going to write up if this s my work motivation. Still had a nice break, managed to see lots of family and go running. I need to panic myself. note to self: "YOU ARE GOING TO A CONFERENCE NEXT WEEK AND NEED TO PRODUCE A POSTER!"

C

I'm the complete opposite, I've done no work in a week and worse stillive barely thought about my Phd! No idea how I'm going to write up if this s my work motivation. Still had a nice break, managed to see lots of family and go running. I need to panic myself. note to self: "YOU ARE GOING TO A CONFERENCE NEXT WEEK AND NEED TO PRODUCE A POSTER!"

C

L

======= Date Modified 29 Dec 2010 19:54:43 =======

Quote From Catalinbond:

Hello,

I was going to write the same .... I feel "sad" because I haven't done anywork for ... a long time ... and I can't motivate myself to work ... :-(

Same here - I wish I was leaping up desperate to get back to work, but I'm struggling to make myself. My supervisors told me to make sure I got a proper break, and I've had lots of time off now (about ten whole days!!!). I tried to make myself work yesterday but ended up surfing the web and watching DVDs instead. Today, though, I'm going to make myself get back into it....

D

LOL I thought I may be alone. Was determined to enjoy a promised rest with my family, so laptop put away and a week of indulgence etc. Until this morning when I could not take it any more so crept up at 4 am and had an amazingly productive three hours before anyone else started moving (book chapter draft sent in, poster and presentation notes all in order).

I then got oodles of credits for tidying kitchen and saying I had just got up to make breakfast in bed for everyone...

C

Hi kb

I am ditto but perhaps ditto+ as i don't think its sad at all :-)

I enjoy it, really i do.  On Christmas day, post food and post Queeny... I even read a few chapters of a book I cited when i hadn't read it all -- yes i know you shouldn't do that but ....  i call them my guilt books.. i have about 5 of them in total.

I've done something every day over the Christmas break, not hours and hours but a few probably..

Lovely thread on which to unload this terrible truth .. thanks Chuff