I've been well and truly used

B

Hey Pineapple, I'm glad you've been feeling a bit better about things today.

I completely understand when you say you've known him since 2000 and you will feel his absence from your life if you don't stay in touch with him. Although it might seem like the more difficult thing to do right now, I reckon you will feel better about the whole thing much, much more quickly if you can process it all in your own time and not have to be confronted with what's happened every time he decides to pop up in your life.

I'm slightly suspicious of his motives for continuing to text you all the time anyway and I don't think you're being bigheaded at all when you say he'll miss it if you stop contacting him. As I see it there are two very good reasons for excluding him from your life if you haven't already: 1. to regain your own sense of perspective, and 2. to cut of the oxygen supply to his inflated ego.

Maybe you should consider telling him outright that you need to some time to get used to the change in your situation and you'd appreciate it if he didn't contact you for the time being. At least then (if your anything like me) your stomach will be able to stop flipping over every time you get a text and you can stop worrying about anything happening to disrupt your balance.