Im bloody Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

K

IM 6 months in and bored of the whole PhD process. Is this normal, im not bored of the suject area. Just the waiting around for things to come through and be made so i can continue my research. I have now waisted two weeks waiting for something to be made by a company. I just get annoyed cause i just want to crack on. Any else having this problem. Its so frustrating!!!!!!!!!

S

Enjoy the time off!!! When these things arrive and you are working all the time, you will then wish you could have a break!

M

sounds like you are in biological sciences.
waiting for primers or cell lines? sounds like that.

it's mostly waiting, all the time, 30 mins here and overnight there.

try to use that time for something useful. 2 weeks is much better than 10 mins coz you can't do anything in 10 mins...

as already said enjoy the break, go and see your family... learn something new in that time. just don't sit and wait:)

W

I have no patience to wait. So if this happens I normally get my supervisor to get another lab with the equipment to allow me to visit. Or I find an alternative. Ofcourse I know this is not possible for all types of research. Even so I normally plan for backups all the time.

J

I know exactly how you feel!