Industrial CASE award stipend

N

I started a phd in october, funded by an epsrc industrial CASE award. I was told my stipend would be enhanced by £3K as the phd is supported by an industrial partner. However, I have not had anything added to my stipend and the uni hasn't given me any info regarding it. Does the 3K get paid as a lump sum? Or is it supposed to be added to the quarterly payments we get from the epsrc? Also if its a lump sum, are we supposed to get it at the start or at the end of the year?

any help would be appreciated
thanks

B

Hi. I had a similar award with the AHRC and the contribution from the industrial partner was paid to me directly twice a year. This was arranged shortly after the award began and the university was never involved with the transaction. Of course it could be different with the EPSRC scheme, but it might be worth having a word with your supervisor (if you've got one) at the industrial partner or perhaps an administrator there if you think its appropriate to do so.

You might find they want to break the contribution up across the year and will possibly use their existing payment systems to administer it. It you're position is a one-off at the company/institution it might be the case that the payment has been overlooked so I wouldn't worry about bringing it to their attention. Good luck!