Industrial Case Studentship

B

Hi Everyone,

Is there an overseas (other than UK/EU) student in this list who's on an industrial case studentship? I am really in a dilemma! I got in touch with an exceptionally good Professor late last year and I approached him for potential supervision starting later this year. We proposed a topic together and unfortunately the university wasn't able to fund the topic but he later applied for a case studentship together with a company he occasionally consults for and allas! he got funding! Good news so far! However, here comes the bomb....the funding was provided by the EPSRC and as far as I understand I need to show I have a connection with the UK. The only connection with the UK I have so far is having done my Msc in the UK! He's yet to talk to the EPSRC people and find out but the University and in particular the department really wants me on board since they think I am particularly capable to handle the topic and I also like the topic since we proposed together. Is there anyone who's been in this kind of situation? especially 'so called' overseas students? Will the UK ever stop segregating students from where they come from (in particular research students)? What's your advice guys?BTW: I also have another opportunity in another university where I am funded only upto EU/UK level. What should I do?