Interview for Funding

H

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and after snooping around for a while thought I would post something. As a bit of background I have a 2:1 BSc and an MRes. After speaking to a potential supervisor at a university in Scotland and was chosen to be put forward for research council funding for his project. I have an interview for the research council funding and was wondering how much this might differ from an interview for a project that already has funding? I.e. does this mean that there will be less focus on methods you might use and more on how you match the project/why that university etc? Does anyone have this kind of interview experience? I guess with a masters, a potential publication and various other experience working in research groups I might be quite competitive against other candidates (not that I know their background/experience/project/skill levels etc)?

Thanks, H

D

Good luck with your interview !!!!

I have little advice to offer as I don't know anything about interviews. I think you have good chances because your supervisor supports you and you are working on a publication. Yes, it might be competitive but you are doing your best.

H

Thanks! I hope this is my year. I can only try my best though :p.

Good luck with whatever stage you are at :)

H