Ireland, Germany or Norway?

A

So now I'm going to read more in detail a few articles I've been sent from Bremen, and I'll try to imagine myself working on that subject for a few years. The good point is that I would have all the time for PhD-related work. So no extra-work, as it usually happens in Germany.

By the way, may I ask where are you from, Shani? Just curious.

S

sounds good! in any case, it appears that you will be making an informed, thought through decision. i suppose that's as good as it gets. no guarantee, sadly, that it will indeed work out - but still, lots better than nothing!
i know someone who got her PhD from Bremen. she liked it a lot and is now a quite successful post-doc. have you had an opportunity to talk to current PhD students from there yet?
i'm swiss, from the german speaking part.

A

In the end I declined Trondheim's offer. Although I regret this decision for the new experieces I would have done with everything concerned with living so north, everytime I think again of the project, I convince myself that mine was indeed the right choice. Considering that I would have spent most of my time working on a project that doesn't appeal me much, I'm happy I avoided it.

Ad far as Bremen is concerned, it's simply too late now for joining them. Fair enough, if I really wanted that position I could have accepted it way earlier (we agreed in the end of May, beginning of June).

The remaining alternative is then Galway. I should like the project there, but I am still very much undecided to start a commitment of at least 3 years in a place where -now- I think I wouldn't stay longer. Going on holiday is one thing, living is a completely different affair. So it's not yet sure that I will actually end up over there.

M

Hey argonk,

If you decide to go to Galway be prepared to face the depressing weather. I never thought weather could influence me in any way untill I moved to Ireland 3 years ago. I moved to Cork where the weather isn't as bad as in Galway but believe me...I got depressed just from the bad weather. Of course you get used to it after a while (took me about 10 months) but at the start it can be quite difficult to get used to the constant rain.

I spent the last year in Germany and I'm moving back to Cork in September for one or two more years and I'm already annoyed that I'll have to face rain every single day and sit in college pretty much soaked throughout the day. But I still enjoy it and don't regret choosing Ireland :)

Z

hi frndsss kindly help me in getting ophd in europe

D

hello argonk,
i sow ur post doing Phd ...my friend can u plye guide me as well..where ru doing ur Phd coz im looking as well.phd or Postgraduation but where i dont find any information ..i was thinking to get in germany but dont know the way...and i have EU digree MBBS(MD) as well from romania . so u ple msg me ur information wud be so much helpfull for me...waiting for ur responce ..Raj

D

IS here any one doing postgradution or Phd in europ so ple msg me i need some information about it..Thx

F

Hi Shani, This is Winston from the USA. i am looking for a scholarship to study anywhere in Europe, my field of study is in Economics or geography. Can you be of any help in terms of telling me where i could get some help search. I do not know if there is a source that students can get this kind of help. Please send me back reply brother.

My best friend here is from India, as a matter of fcat he lives in the same house as i do. He is a blessed fellow, with a good heart. looking forward to hearing from you

O

I was wondering where all of those pleas to find money and degrees for people had gone. It was inconcievable that they had simply STOPPED! Here they are. Well, whew, I feel better having located them. The Earth and planets are back in balance.

A

The latest development of my situation: I declined Galway's offer as well. I'm not willing to go living somewhere so unconvenient to reach from home. I only regret not having taken this decision a few months ago, but at least it's better that I did it now rather than after the start of the project.

I took the risk of having no job offers at the moment, but I already saw an interesting advertisement. It's for a self-designed PhD project in Bremen. Self-designed means that I should be liking the research I proposed myself. Plus, in Bremen I should feel well connected to the rest of Europe. So now I'm hoping that somebody there will find my proposal interesting. This time, after debit consideration, I should have no hesitation in accepting an offer. If they're not interested, then I'll look forward.