Is a Masters in IT Worthwhile?

B

Hi,

I recently finished a Psychology degree, getting a 2:1. To be honest Ididn't really enjoy it that much. I've done quite a lot of computer programming in my spare time, and find it much moreinteresting. So basically, I'm thinking aboutdoing a Masters in IT, or something similar, such as this:

Postgraduate Interactive Systems Design Masters MSc at School of Computer Science

To do that, you need at least a 2:1 in your first degree, and theyaccept people who have done Psychology, because it relates to stuff onthe course.

But I'm wondering, would something like that or a Masters in IT wouldbe worthwhile? By worthwhile I mean would it make it likely that Icould get a job in IT afterward? Or is it the case that Masters courses aren't enough to get you ajob in IT? After all they're only for a year so it makes me wonder ifemployers would want someone more experienced.

Obviously it's a pretty big investment of time/ money so I want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks.

D

Master of Science in Information Technology is one of the good choices. If you want to enter into hardcore IT, study and be atleast MCP Certified.