Is everybody working particularly hard at the moment?

S

That's great, thanks Olivia, I'm going to go shopping ;-)

O

Quote From stressed:

That's great, thanks Olivia, I'm going to go shopping ;-)

Great, let me know what you think! It sounds like a silly thing, but true, that its amazing how much what you eat effects how you feel ( well at least in my case). The better my diet, I feel sooooo much healthier, alert and energetic!

S

I will certainly keep you posted :-) I agree, it does make a huge difference, I know when I've been working and forget lunch (the norm) or pig out on high sugar things like biscuits etc I feel awful during the afternoon - unable to concentrate, jumpy, tired. I think its important to keep your sugar levels, protein etc in balance to enable you to work well and its something I don't tend to manage. It doesn't help that I quit smoking in September - 2 days after submission of my MA dissertation - since then my eating patterns are all over the place and my blood sugar is just ridiculous - like a rollercoaster, so I'm looking foward to trying something that won't help me to pile weight on, but will enable me to work well without resorting to my old concentration aid.... watch this space ;-)

T

I've been away for a few days.. had a conference at the end of last week then been at my CASE partner's head office to discuss my progress and the work i need to do during my final year. So now I have lots of work to do.. Joy oh joy!!

C

Actually, I´m working quite hard at making dinner at the moment. Pamw you are lucky to have your data at the end of your second year. I´m in my third and still working on it! (Actually should have been part time for the first two years)

H

I'm marking extremely tedious essays at the moment (for someone else's module - not even my subject area) so I keep looking at the forum to stave off boredom, but then feeling too guilty to take even more time replying to posts!

[quote]Quote From pamw:

Is it an end of year thing that people are putting extra hours in so they might possibly have time off during the festive season? [quote]

I have to say I'm really bad at keeping track of how many days holiday I've had - I tend to feel guilty no matter if I've had 2 days off or 2 weeks. I keep tagging extra days onto conference trips so they feel a bit like working holidays - although some locations have been a bit more exciting than others (New York...Manchester :-( )

Good luck with the data analysis - you've got ages before January :-)

H

Sorry - really messed up that quote!