Is it becoming more normal for students to take amphetamines to get them through?

hmm tea and cake, yes please! also, hi walminski :-)

Quote From Cakeman:

Surely, the stimulant powers of any amphetamine are no match for tea and cake?

If those two both became illicit substances i'd have been F***ed

What a joke, if you need drugs (aside from the above mentioned tea and cake) to finish a PhD chances are you were simply not clever enough in the first place.

Not necessarily, however, if you're needing drugs to get through then you should be thinking GP visit to be possibly be signed off for a few months if the pressure has got to you in that way.

A beer or three and a whinge did me!!! Not that I really needed an excuse for a beer.:-)

I

walminskipeasucker you are an absolute riot. Thank you, I feel slightly less like myself (i.e., "irritated!).

Hi Irritated, I took amphetamines once and I just talked and talked and talked... utter drivel. Over confident nonesense spewing from my mouth. And then the come down; my god: Paranoia like I have never known before or since. This girl is not in a good place and I'd bet what she turns out while on whiz is crap. So try to ignore her and take comfort in the knowledge that she is almost certainly not writing well. She is in a dreadful state though, a fact which may help you forgive her annoying condescensions.  Good luck.