Is it possible for a university to withdraw a conditional PhD offer if you fail a module?

K

Hi all. I have a fully-funded conditional PhD offer from a fairly prestigious (top 10) university and their requirement is just the standard "2:1 or above" once I graduate this year. However, I did not do particularly well in my exams this final year (4th Year of an Msci degree). I was sitting on a borderline 1st class, but after this year's exams my average will plummet down to a 2:1.... I am pretty sure I failed 1 or 2 modules because I couldn't even answer 1/2 the questions (left them blank...). Nonetheless, I have calculated that I will still graduate with an upper second class honours (2:1), although it will be around 62 - 65%. However I am now worried that the university might withdraw the conditional offer once they see the fails because ironically one of the modules is slightly related to my PhD! >.< They require me to send all my grade transcripts once I get my results in about 2 months time...

I am also really worried whether my failed modules might hamper my chances of getting into another PhD programme in the case this university DOES withdraw their conditional offer?

Would greatly appreciate any helpful advice. Thanks.

R

You have clearly met the condition. Don't worry.

T

So you'll get a 2.1, not a great 2.1, but still a 2.1. That's what your offer was. You'll be fine!