Isn't it rude guys what she did?

C

Of course. I'm not bothered with it.

C

golfpro, in any situation, you are entitled to your own opinion but in this instance if you have nothing interesting to input please be quiet.

G

Yep signing off. With your obsessing over this, perhaps said lady had a lucky escape.

C

Perhaps. Though it may seem so, it is not my intention. I am merely getting other people's perspective on this.
I respect your opinion even if i might not agree with them all. I don't mean to cause any ill-feelings.

O

LOL: is that the extremly polite "british way" of saying something rude? (starting with the sixth letter of the alphabet followed by "off")

I

If only everybody was so polite - and what exactly is wrong with having good manners Otto?

O

No, I did not mean it like that. I'm just really impressed with British politeness, just not used to it. But I think it's a good thing although sometimes it's not easy to understand what someone is really saying

I

To be honest, it's getting rarer Sadly, lots of people will unapologetically opt for the blunt/brash option these days. You even see a kind of, 'And what are you going to do about THAT?!' look in some people's expressions after they've bumped into you (for example).

I know British people have a reputation for not complaining either, but I find that I can't ignore bad service - more people are learning how to assert themselves where that is concerned.

Worse than British people, I find, are those 'syrupy' Americans who are all 'Have a nice day' etc. - I can't believe that they actually care. I know it's a stereotype (largely based on one particularly annoying woman I know - I'm not trying to offend the greatest nation on earth or anything), but only in the same way as the 'British people are polite' generalisation.

K

I'm British and a serial complainer - if something isn't on, I kick off!

I

Ooh - and what freebies have you managed to bag as a result?

W

I don't think she meant to be rude or hurt your feelings. She probably did not realise how much of a problem she had with the age thing until after and felt guilty making you pay so decided to do what she did. Just go with the flow.

C

Thanks W2DN, and true say. I don't think she meant to and i understand her point of view.

Life goes on.