It hath been done. :) (handed in)

C

It has taken 3 years and 9 months, two supervisors, two funding bodies, and two different countries, but my thesis is finally done and in. It looked so nice when it was bound (lots of images).

So wow, 86,000 words in a humanities area I had no previous experience of. Hoping for the best. Haven't printed a copy of my own because my viva won't be for ages and I will only flip through in despair.

But yes, it is in - how weird.

I joined this forum in 2006 and never imagined I would finish. Thanks for all your support over the years and esp. in the last difficult stages.

:)

K

======= Date Modified 02 Jul 2010 19:32:19 =======
Woo-hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic! Let me be the first to congratulate you Chrisrolinski. Following your progress has been inspiring. I hope I can get there too. Go celebrate/sleep/do something very well deserved.(gift)

M

Congratulations! :-) I hope you can enjoy some well-deserved time off. (tree) (We really need a champagne smiley!)

J

WELL DONE - take a break now - you deserve it!

Weeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaayyyyyyyeeeeeeeee! SO, so, SO, WELL DONE. Chrisolinski: the cool dudette of the forum. 8-)

B

Well done Chris. Excellent news. Now have a rest!

H

Yay! Well done!

A

Absolutely super fantastic news Chris!! I'm so so chuffed for you, I knew you'd do it!! Really, you're an inspiration to me and everyone else here that through the best and worst of times you can get there. I hope you have a good long break before your viva, you blimming well deserve it, and make sure you do things to enjoy yourself!!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

S

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant news :-) so so happy for you, now enjoy your weekend, you darned well deserve it (gift) If I can emulate your humanities prowess I'll be a very happy bunny, just inspiring watching how you dealt with this completion period - wooohoooo!

K

Yaaaaay, awesome news, congrats! It's always great to hear such good news, go and put your feet up for a while :) Best, KB

D

Congratumalations :)

P

Congrats :D 86k! :O

S

Yes, well done Chris!!! Congratulations!! You're an inspiration. You've shown us that it can be done, despite all the personal and thesis-related difficulties. Make sure you give yourself a really big reward. Enjoy some time off!

Good for you, Chrisrolinski! Fantastic to hear that it is finished and handed in! Good luck ahead of times with the viva...
Cheers and regards(tree)

N

That's fabulous news, well done! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy taking a break from it. Like others have said, you've been an inspiration and also found the time to help me with my little issues, congratulations. Nxx