job advice (cv)

I'm going for a university job, but it isn't an academic post i.e. not a researcher or lecturer, its working in another team - more like an admin/hr function, but it is a really good job and relevant to my skills.

My question is....would you include publications on the cv? I don't think they are necessary for the role, at all, but not sure whether to include!?

C

Hi Sneaks,

Personally, no I wouldn't. This is based on one experience i had where i wasn't shortlisted for a post because i had said i was studying for Doctorate; apparently they felt this "other" interest would impact on my commitment to the job. To be fair, they were doubtless right ;-) as I can hardly think of anything else but I wouldn't do it again.

Others may have had different experience where its seen more positively.

Best of luck with the job, (actually best of luck with filling in the application, they're a nighmare aren't they)

Chuff

Thanks Chuff, the question is now redudant as it turned out to be an application form that didn't allow you to add publications anyway, or attach your cv.

P

Quote From Chuff:

Best of luck with the job, (actually best of luck with filling in the application, they're a nighmare aren't they)

Chuff

Tell me about it! I've got five applications to do at the moment for a mixture of academic and heritage jobs and they all have very different application processes so I can't just repeat a lot of the stuff. I've just about finished one but it's taken me a lot of the weekend. I'd better get one of these jobs!!:-s

I always forget to save the job description, so have to go to interviews thinking "I *think* this is the xyz jobs!??"

and yes application forms are a nightmare, just had to put my gcse results! I haven't had to get them out for years!