jojo's back! - how do i get back into thesis mode

J

hey everyone... apologies for my long silence. following my successful transfer i took two weeks off work, which turned into a month!!! wild procrastinating. i feel much better now and ready to get back to work.. i just wish i could get down to it. i keep surfing the net hour after hour and before i know it, the day is over. somebody help!

J

Welcome back! It's always like that after a break - even after a bank holiday. Ease yourself back into it this week and start with a vengence on Monday.

S

jojo - welcome back

you probably just need to get started, then, once rolling, will have no trouble. to get started you could make an appointment with a friend, go to the library together or somewhere. formulate a clear goal for that day. you can't procrastinate that day because you can't let your friend down. do the same on the next day. after two days of work you should be rolling and not need your friend's help to keep going anymore.
good luck!

J

thanks everyone. shani - that sounds like something i could do (easily). juno - have a deadline in two weeks. the thought of loosing an extra day.. not doing anything today though. hope your work is going well.

P

hellooooo

P

I think jojo "on holidays" is still more productive than some of us working "flat out"! Welcome back, jojo.

S

Hi there jojo! And welcome back, and welcome to the club... procrastination is the name of the game... all I had was a weekend off and I struggled to get back into the flow. Tuesday was spent surfing the internet all day then feeling guilty all evening - but then I drew up a new daily schedule (bit severe but when needs must). I started with easy tasks for each day, and get to tick them off at the end of each day... bonus if I get ahead of the schedule. Well it worked for yesterday - I finished the daily task and did half of todays... feeling a lot better (though still stressing about the fact I'm a dreadful writer and my examiners will fall asleep reading my thesis and have a glazed look in my viva). So good luck getting back into the swing of things

H

"Jojo's holidays" sounds like a book title.

Then the next book can be "return of Jojo".

J

very funny. its amazing how you all have confidence in me. wish i felt that way. hi Pea. Piglet - i so wish that was true. Seabird - i've seen your other posts during my lunch break. i hope things get back on track. just get on with it. i read somewhere this morning, that its best to just write, even though you had four more weeks, you're work would still be of the same quality as if you did it today (in your case by sept). so...... just write.. if you had more time, you'd just procrastinate. lets face it . don't worry about quality - it will be good - eventually. lol at H.

finally, am glad to report i managed to be in uni today at 9am! what a miracle!! still can't believe it. am so proud of myself. thanks for all your suggestions. yesterday didn't go very well. i came in and just caught up with my colleagues - no work done. anyway, am off. gotta get back to work.later.