Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

J

am actually not working this weekend. am going shopping, then i'll start again on Monday. i needed to start working to take my mind off things, and to rediscover the joy of doing my research. thanks shani for your concern. have a great weekend.

J

i actually read my last post again and it sounds so defensive. i actually mean it - thanks!! i was feeling bad earlier for not doing more hours, but decided to go at my own pace.

J

today was a good day. i worked from home. read an article first (11.30am - 1.30pm)and then worked on my thesis from 4.30pm - 6.30 pm and then 21.00 pm to 23.00pm. today is a great improvement from last Friday's 1.5 hours. I did six hours! am so proud of myself - though i really feel low right now following the recent break up. anyway... am happy with what i achieved today. time to call it a day and watch a movie.

target - submit work to supervisor on Friday. ( first submission this year )

J

26th Feb (Tue) - did two hours (10am - 12 noon) in the morning. attended lectures then spend the day visiting friends. was too tired when i got back to do more.

27th Feb (Wed) - worked on thesis from 12 noon til 4pm, then one hour from 6pm til 7pm. Too tired. Called it a day. Did five hours in total. still a long way to go.

Hopefully spend tomorrow writing up for Friday's submission.

S

hope you achieved what you aimed for today, jojo! for me, the day has just somehow dissappeared between meetings and (money-related) work and this and that.
good luck for submitting tomorrow!

J

thanks shani. am still working on it. trying to make it flow. might be up for the better part of the night today or i'll have to get up early. so far so good. but still a long way to go. just having dinner then am gonna get on with it.

don't worry you'll catch up - you can work in the evening or whenever it suits you. as long as you get the work done. thats what matters - not when you do it. all the best.

J

might as well take a break to write the diary

today i did 7.5 hrs. will be working on til around two. am desperately trying to make the chapters flow! my working hours weren't very consistent, but here goes:

6.40am - 8.15am - about 1.5 hours
9.30am - 10 am - 0.5 hours.
10am - 11am - attended lecture.
2pm - 3.10pm - about 1 hour.
(took a nap in the afternoon.)
6.00pm to 6.30pm - 0.5 hours
9pm to 23.50pm - about 3 hours.

i'd say, well done. hope am able to hand it as planned tomorrow. i must!! how can i miss my first deadline??!! won't be very encoraging. fingers crossed.

J

wow. i hadn't seen the hits on this thread. you guys really are keeping a tab on this.

such love.. or is it such pressure.. lol

later.

J

i've done one hour. 12am - 1am. at least i've managed the flow. i will finish it up tomorrow.

O

Excellent Jo Jo!!!

J

propects of submitting today are looking bleak. i just discovered an error in the flow of the chapters combined. ch.1 says that a certain mechanism works and chapter 2 i argue it doesn't. chapter is my introduction. this runs thro to ch.3 which maintains that the mechanism doesn't. is that normal? can i leave it as it is and in the conclusion say that in the intro i thought it'd work but my research shows it doesn't??? torn between submitting now or first thing Monday morning when i've checked for consistency in my argument. it doesn't help that am a perfectionist.

T

Hi Jojo,

I'm new here. It will be a long long way for my to submit my first draft. Reading your entry makes me know that I will be there one day
Good luck

J

hey tessie. welcome to the forum. you just cheered me up. you have a great site and i can relate to most of the stuff there. am sure you'll get there. all the best.

guys - i decided to correct the chapters and hand in first thing monday. not a very good start - but keeping my chin up.

later.

J

todays study hours : 11am - 2.30pm (3.5 hours). felt discouraged, at not submitting. decided to take the rest of the day off. i'll finish up over the weekend. am fine now.

i came across this quote moments ago:

'Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.'

J

quote of the day: 'What we do not see, what most of us never suspect of existing, is the silent but irresistible power which comes to the rescue of those who fight on in the face of discouragement.' Napoleon Hill.